Madara Blend for Chicken
Rosemary, oregano and thyme add a Mediterranean, spicy flavour. Sweet chilli flakes and Onion put a new spin on taste and Lemon boosts fragrances and flavours.
Cooking blend MADARA for chicken combines flavours and aromas from Crete and the Mediterranean countries.
Create aromatic and delicious marinades. Try it on grilled chicken, pot, oven, grill. Give a Cretan flavour to baked potatoes and enjoy particularly with mushroom dishes.
- 2 Chicken fillets or 6 chicken legs with boneless skin,
chopped into gyro
- Souvlaki pita breads
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 tbsp MADARA blend for Chicken
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or White Wine
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 2 cups strained Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp MADARA blend for Cretan Marinade
- Place the chicken gyro in a pan or in a wide cooking vessel
- Put all the marinade ingredients in the blender and mash
- Pour over the chicken with the marinade, mix gently with your hands so the marinade spreads on all the chicken pieces, cover with a foil and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Spread the chicken in a very hot non-stick pan
- Do not turn the chicken before spend 4-5 minutes. Be careful
not to mix too often so that it is allowed to brown properly.
Chicken always browns better when it is left alone. If you mix it too often,
it will release too many juices and boil instead of browning nicely.
- Then turn and cook for another 4-5 minutes. The chicken gyros should not dry and does not take long to cook.
- Prepare the yoghurt dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a glass bowl very well
- In a non-stick pan, bake the pita breads on both sides
- Serve over pita breads the chicken gyros and on top the yoghurt dressing.