Madara Blend for Pot Roast
Choose our culinary blend for pot roast and boost your cooking creations with beef, pork, chicken and bushmeat.
The combination of Dittany with Savory gives an interesting, distinct and spicy taste, while Verbena with Orange give a sweet and at the same time lemon scent.
Add it early in cooking to the pot for a perfect tasty result.
It boosts delicious salad dressings.
- 1 kg Beef, silverside or rump, for roasting
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot
- ½ dry Onion
- 1 cup dry White Wine
- 1 tsp MADARA blend with Dittany for Pot Roast
- Freshly ground Pepper
- Cooking String
- Cut the string into pieces and tie the meat tightly every 2 cm to
keep a nice shape during cooking and cut into nice slices on the plate.
- In a small – narrow pot just enough to fit the meat, heat the olive
oil over medium to high heat, put the tied meat, add the MADARA blend
and brown it very well from all sides, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the whole carrot, onion and quench with wine. Lower the heat,
cover the food and simmer. Cooking time is depending
on the type of meat.
- During the cooking we turn the meat every 15 minutes to cooked properly until inside. Towards the end of cooking, add salt and
freshly ground pepper.
- When the meat is cooked, take it out on a cutting board. Αfter it cools, remove the string and cut into thin slices.
- If the sauce which left in the pot is sparse, increase the heat for
4-5 minutes until thick blisters appear. This is the sign that
the sauce has set well.
- Pour over with the sauce the meat slices and serve.