Carefully selected whole leaves of Cretan Sage 27gr, naturally dried and placed in a suitable and certified for food bag with a zip, for easy opening and closing, to preserve its aromas but also to offer direct visual contact with the product.
The paper bag that encloses the product carries all the data and the ways of preparation and allows easy product-shelving and brand recognition, at any time.
• Natural product
• Does not contain caffeine
• Served hot or cold
• Can be wonderfully combined with Malotira and Dittany
• Culinary uses
From the very beginning, we wanted to include Greek Sage in our collection.
The name of the species, Salvia, comes from the Latin verb “salvare”, which means to save lives.
The plant has been known since antiquity and our ancestors used it as a panacea (particular reference has been made by Dioscorides, Aetius, Hippocrates and Galeno).
Sage is a perennial shrub with numerous branches. Its height reaches 60 cm and its low part is woody. The upper surface of the leaves is coated with velvety hair. It prefers sunny areas and stony, barren soils.
*The pharmacy of Cretan nature
• Digestivedisorders, Dyspepsia
• Inflammations and infections of the mouth and throat
• Mucosal inflammations and infections
• Headache relief
• Hypoglycaemic (beneficial effects, restoring pancreatic dysfunction)
• Soothes excessive sweating
*The mentions of the “pharmacy of Cretan nature” come from bibliographic sources, traditional practices and empirical use.