- 2 Chicken fillets or 6 chicken legs with boneless skin, chopped into gyro
- Souvlaki pita bread
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 tbsp MADARA blend Ideal for Chicken
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or White Wine
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 2 cups strained Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp MADARA blend Cretan Marinade
- Place the chicken gyro in a pan or in a wide cooking vessel
- Put all the marinade ingredients in the blender and mash
- Pour over the chicken with the marinade, mix gently with your hands so the marinade spreads on all the chicken pieces, cover with a foil and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Spread the chicken in a very hot non-stick pan
- Do not turn the chicken before spend 4-5 minutes. Be careful not to mix too often so that it is allowed to brown properly. Chicken always browns better when it is left alone. If you mix it too often, it will release too many juices and boil instead of browning nicely.
- Then turn and cook for another 4-5 minutes. The chicken gyros should not dry and does not take long to cook.
- Prepare the yogurt dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a glass bowl very well
- In a non-stick pan, bake the pita bread on both sides
- Serve over pita bread the chicken gyros and on top of the yogurt dressing.